View Single Post
# 10 28-06-2005 , 11:17 PM
Photoshop is an essential, no matter what aspect of 3D you're interested in....it's a standard tool. You can't expect to find a texture for your plane without having to edit it That's just ridiculous. If your reel is for modeling, don't worry about texturing....just show turntable views and wireframes of your best models. If you want to show off a TD-styled reel (a bit of everything), then you better get cracking on learning to paint and build shader networks.

Regarding criticism, the critique you got was harsh and not helpful. Danny nailed it, though...you should've asked him for specifics. I think the reason folks don't get tons of "professional critiques" here is just that....there are a lot of newbies who are impressed easily or aren't developed enough to notice the difference between good and bad or what can make a model better. That being said, I don't quite get how difficult it is to look at something and realize it may "need work", even if it's your own work....I mean seriously. Look at some high-end 3D work and look at your own...what makes one better than the other? Don't be in such a rush to finish something...take the time to learn, research, and get it right...the wow factor will come later.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."