View Single Post
# 1 03-07-2005 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber

War of the Worlds

Saw War of the Worlds last night, and I have to say that the special effects were amazing. I really loved the scene where the machines come up from under the street.
Although I loved the effects, the script and the take on the story left something to be desired - there were too many things that were never explained, and a couple of gaping plot holes, not to mention the goofs (video camera working when all other electrical equipment has been fried by EMP?)

Also, how on earth did they get from where they were to Boston without seeing a single alien? They must have been about 200 miles from Boston, and we didn't see a single thing of that part of the journey.

The acting from Tom Cruise was distinctly average (nowhere near as good as he was in Collateral), and he was acted off the screen by the young girl, Dakota Fanning (Man on Fire)

I'm going to have to read the book now. Hopefully it will explain things better than the film did.

Definately shouldn't have been rated 12A though. Way too violent for that.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805