View Single Post
# 3 19-08-2005 , 03:22 PM
Subscriber
Hi, thanks for the reply. Great tutorial by the way user added image Very helpful, some good tips and I can see how they would apply to other cars too.

Yep after looking at HDRShop, I think I will have a go at making some spherical and panaromic hdri photos, (when the weathers good tho user added image lol) looks like fun.

I was wondering how good the image i've done looked so far, if anyone has any comments or crits, that would be cool.

I think the HDR used produces some nice lighting generally and on the door (aside from the strechyness of the specular on the nearside front corner and the windscreen) what do you guys think?

I've tried using some other larger HDR images, though they produced fairly low lighting results (dark, but quite realistic). Also tried the lightgen plugin to correct this, tho that is super slow render, and seems to come out too cartoon like at the moment.

From looking at the maya manual it recommends using the IBL node, which I had a go with too, though this doesn't seem to add any control over brightness, but it says its good for this user added image

If anyone is intersted in some slighlty clearer blueprints for this car i found some here:

https://blueprints.onnovanbraam.com/b.../cars/ferrari/

cheers,

James