View Single Post
# 1 26-08-2005 , 12:02 AM

August - Norm - Athos

Hi.

I don´t know for sure what´s the right category for me, but I will enter as a normal, because of the prize (Wacom Intuos). I want to go further into concept paintings, character design and textures creation.

I´m a little afraid of the deadline. My pc had a bug in the last weeks, and I was unable to begin working on my entry. So, I´m very late and maybe i will be unable to finish it.

Anyway, here´s my first concept drawings for the final render in maya.

Workflow - I´ll be modeling both guys and background using box modeling techniques. Once they are finished, I´ll render it with mental ray. If, then, I still have a day or two, I´ll try to texture them and sculpt displacements in zbrush, bring back to maya and render again.

(long thread).
I´m still coloring the drawing of the complete scene, because I feel it is necessary for keeping control of the mood, lighting etc.
The composition is somewhat based on a foto I´ve found in google. I "mentally" mirrored it horizontally, changed minor elements, removed a box hanging in the wall, added the jewish guy, put the nazi guy´s arm raised with the pistol in hand, changed his facial expression and few other things.

As a necessary note: I´m in NO WAY sympatethic with nazism. It´s a really sad and crazy chapter in the history of human thoughts and beliefs. I´ve choosen this subject, because I feel there were much of fear and loathing in those times.

It´s enough for now. Hope I finish it on time.
Best wishes for all.

Attached Thumbnails