View Single Post
# 45 02-11-2005 , 11:48 PM

Originally posted by THX1138
guys the only problem with have sci fi fantasy stuff is that it can allow people to be lazy. Think about it if you had to model something real e.g. a pair of headphones you can't just "make it up" and then tell people "oh I meant it to be like that!".

The idea is not about science finction fantasy "Stuff". The idea is about character. To come up with your own character.

I feel a non character challenge allows a person to be lazy and come up with a " pair of head phones " for example. In my opinion, there is nothing special about a car, house, bridge, or a set of headphones ect in my honest opinion. I see tons of that stuff on other boards. Getting pretty tired of it. You don't see many intresting character based projects out there. Non character doesn't necessarily challenge someones imagination in my opinion, but I could be very wrong. Character doesn't have to be earth bound, it could be Alien, but this is just my own opinion. It's all up to Mike.
user added image

I think what Alan mean is when you make somthing up there is no refrence of measure. So you can say whatever you want about the model and no one can argue about it. Whereas if you model, texture and render say, digital camera or a VCR or whatever you can look at it as really tell if its correct.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....