View Single Post
# 106 04-11-2005 , 02:17 PM
Subscriber
Hey Alan.

I took offense to your comments because I felt that you were, in a sense, slagging off a job that I happen to do and enjoy, and I'm sure many others do too. I just feel that you shouldn't really put comments like that about an aspect of the job that you don't have much experience in yourself - not all of us are lucky enough to go straight into being a TD user added image . I just don't want anybody on this forum being put off of becoming a matchmove artist. You are right, most people do only do matchmoving for a short period before moving onto something else (I definitely want to be involved in another area of the pipeline soon, I just wanted to do a bit more matchmoving because I was enjoying it), but I think that it is a good position for some members of this forum to seriously think about maybe becoming involved in if they would like to join the industry, especially if they are willing and might not have any formal 3D qualifications. What you said probably put a lot of people off for life!

.......on another note, I like the idea of the landmark challenge, I would like to do a challenge that definitely involved more environment modelling/texturing user added image

Have a good day all.

LisaG :blush:

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/