View Single Post
# 1 30-11-2005 , 03:48 PM
Subscriber

Careers in 3D Animation (Modeling) (Need Input)

Hey guys, I have as of late, been in conflict with my parents regarding eventually obtaining an education and career in the field of graphics/3D design. Evidently, I have a great interest in this, but my parents have a few issues. Firstly, and most importantly, due to the religion that I am in, it would be very iffy for me to be working on extremely violent video games (yes, it may sound weird to you, but oh well). They say, because of this, it would be very hard to find a career in designing games because most games are violent, and even if you worked for a team that designed sports games for example, they could always change their focus to other games. I can see that this would be true to some extent, but is it at all possible, or even easy, to obtain a job in games or movies that doesn't deal with very violent subject themes (and I'm not talking about creating explosions and such, I'm talking about creating like chainsaws that are going to massacre people and such)? Secondly, they say that the pay and job stability for these careers is not good. Is there any truth to this. Take into consideration that I don't really care if I work in the field of movies or games, but I really want to do graphic design such as what I am learning now in Maya for a career. Are there any other careers that deal with this kind of design as well?

All of your comments will be extremely appreciated, as my parents are currently really against the idea, and I'm not going to be able to afford college by myself.

Thanks so much in advance user added image