View Single Post
# 5 12-12-2005 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber
Wow, great response, mtmckinley. I am not completely against action and some violent games, but Halo 2 and Battlefield 2 is about the extent to those type of games that I would play. No Doom or FEAR for me user added image However, even though I don't necessarily mind playing Halo 2, doesn't mean I would be as comfortable making it, as weird as that sounds. Legend of Zelda, that game I consider quite tame, and would love to eventually make games like that. There is no real direct line that I have drawn, but anything that takes the violence to an extreme is definitely a no-go for me.

As for stability, you say that it is a rarity for one to stay at one studio for more than 5 years. You made some reference to this, but is the reason for not staying at a studio for more than 5 years a personal choice, or usually a choice of the studio itself? Also, is it easy to find another job once you have left a certain studio? Finally, don't some modellers or game industry people stay with studios longer than 5 years? Like, for example, if a certain studio makes a successful game such as Doom, wouldn't many of the people that were on the team stick around for sequels?

Thanks again for the response user added image