View Single Post
# 12 18-12-2005 , 01:07 PM

Hey

I can see were ye coming from but i think mtmckinley had it pretty much covered in his post, i think you just need to draw the line, im a christian and i mean i wouldnt play games such as doom etc cos of gore but also cos i dont like holding a gun with no torch thats just crazy. But games like bf2 n call of duty i dont have ay moral objection to.
My parents are also like yours but more in the sense they dont see a future in the amation industry, but i would love to do something like that and have applied to 3 universty courses in 3D design.
Ive only just started on Maya and am a bit of a noob, for my first project im goin through that free tutorial of the puppy and loving it, just bout to convert into polys, but previously ive done all graphic design and art, as i currently take this at A level.
Im going to convert ad use 3D design for a project i am doing at my art course, and im goin to make a range of little army frogs and hopefully anmate them.
I think maby another option you have is to just do an art course, u'd be suprised how many directions you can take with one, and 3D design is definatly art so you could major in 3D design, the only downside being you teachers wouldnt know what to teach you.
However ive never used maya before and with the help of this site and the forums you can pick up and learn so much, and im finding it so rewarding, when you see yer art work coming together its so fun.
Btw some amazing work on this site guys, well done everyone who makes those amazing pieces of art, some of you baffle me, how the hell do you make something on a PC look some real. You guys have some real style sense aswell the composition etc are all superb.
Thx for your time hope this helped + i just wonted to say hello so everyone.