Thread: Ethnic Pot
View Single Post
# 10 20-01-2006 , 11:53 PM
Hi badtertle,

Sorry for the slow response, I am in the process of packing to leave town this weekend, so unfortunately I won't be around to help out too much over the next couple days.

I think you can use what you have built so far, you will just need to tweak it a bit, even perhaps altering it by hand one CV at a time. One good rule of thumb, perhaps you should place your original model on it's own layer, duplicate it, place the duplication on another layer; that way if you mess up or something doesn't work out quite right, you will have a backup and not have to build model from scratch all over again.

If you are having trouble keeping your CVs in line, turn on hulls/Cvs while in component mode. If the Cvs in question are aligned vertically then use the scale tool to scale them back in line (use the horizontal scale), if they need to be aligned horizontally then use the vertical scale. If you find after scaling that the whole hull moves off, use the rotate tool to move it back into position.

If you think that your geometry is misbehaving, try deleting the history, and possibly rebuild your geometry under "edit Nurbs."

Also, I have included a ref pict for you. You may want to consider cutting the model in half at this point (just like in polys) and work on just one side. (select an isoparm then use detach surface) When you get to a point where you need the other half, just dupicate, group then set -1 in scale to create other side. Then go ahead select both end isoparms and use 'attach'.

I'm sorry if this is confusing , but I have to go, husband is bellowing...

cheers!

Attached Thumbnails