Thread: Ethnic Pot
View Single Post
# 12 31-01-2006 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
Sorry for not responding sooner. I am at school right now. For some reason this site isnt coming up anymore at my house. Well, my mouse keeps turning off by itself too....in fact my machine in general is pretty screwy. One of my friends is going to help me reformat soon.

In any case, I've had quite an adventure with NURBS so far. I wanted to connect the front and back halves to smooth out that area. I found out that you cant merge two surfaces together. At least not premanently. So i converted to Polys to clean up this guy. Then i tryed to convert back to NURBS, but it turns out that you can't control where the surface edge is put. Maya thought it would be a good idea to place it right on my guys cheek, while also chopping off the top of his head and giving him a little Nurbs tupee (is that how you spell that?)

I tryed to work in SUBDs a little but that was weird as well. I thought that Subds were supposed to have all of the functionality of NURBS and polys combined but thats not the case. There are no isoparms to control, and the Poly mode was hard to see with no shading option.

I probably missed ways to work around all these issues, but the jar is due tomorrow so i just did what i could real quick in polys and converted to subds for a smoother picture.

Im not going to worry about texturing, although i did layout the uvs for the heck of it...maybe ill texture it at a later date. In the meantime i have to set up a simple scene to show my modl off in. I've started this already but i need to finish tomorrow morning when i have the time. Its the inside of a pyramid. Basically im ging to show a corner of a low-ceilinged room with a sarcophogus and 4 of my jars watching over it. Ill see if i can post a pic tonight when i get home. If not, ill bring a pic to school tomorrow to show you the finished work.

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.