View Single Post
# 8 07-02-2006 , 07:56 AM
Subscriber
Masn45 beat me to it.

Personally I understand the outrage of the muslim community, but on the other hand, I think that their actions and demands are outrageous!
I think that what Jyllands Posten (the newspaper who published the newspaper) should have given more thought to the consequences that an action like that might bring. Alltough I am not religious, I think that it is lack of respect for Islam to publish drawings of Muhammed when it is stated in the Koran that it is forbidden (I might be mistaken), and in a country with freedom of religion, that, to me, is unacceptable, especially coming from a national newspaper. Just because we have to freedom of speech doesn't mean you HAVE to excercise it.

As for the muslim response, burning flags is one thing (I'm not THAT much of a patriot), but the threats made to danish people everywhere from terrorist (according to some) groups and riots like the one this saturday in Damascus where the danish, swedish, norwegian and coloumbian(?) embasseys were burned, is way over the top. The muslim society has to understand that the JP does not speak on behalf of the entire nation.
There has also been cases of muslims living in Denmark writing letters to arabic newspapers that they were being treated badly and looks down upon here in Denmark. There was also a case of one of the members of the muslim community in Denmark, who on danish television said that the boycot should be put to an end, and then a few days later saying the exact opposite on arabic tv, that he supported the boycot.
Denmark is a free country, and if someone here feels that they are being treated wrong, there is absolutely nothing that keeps them from leaving. Just to make myself clear, I have nothing against muslims, and what I just said about leaving applies to anyone, regardless of religion.

Another thing that pisses me off is that when the editor of Jyllands Posten finally admitted, after claiming that this was in no way their concern and that it was something the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had to deal with, that they were wrong to print the drawings and apoligizes, he makes a side note that "once again, the enemies of free speech won". What a f*king moron!

That was a long one, but in short: Jyllands Posten made a mistake, Islam overreacted... But that's just my opinion

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"