Thread: New Character
View Single Post
# 202 02-03-2006 , 08:24 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mirek: Yeah for the novel, but thats all Photoshop at the moment I still have to make it in Maya, Im also working on a rifle or two as well. I like to do a bit of 2d work, as well as 3d as it keeps me in check, in the way of producing forms on objects be them organic or hardsurface. That particular piece took about 5 minutes to sketch then around 1hr- 1.5hrs on and off to get coloured and shaded to my liking in PS.

As for the eyes on the girl /woman model, I think you are barking up the wrong tree in terms of hi lites in the eyes. I usually model two parts of the eye, one inner thats slightly flattened off and mapped with pupil and iris's etc, complete with bump and diffuse as well. The other part is a more bulbous sphere toward the front to emulate the lens. This has a slight reflection map on and will be almost 100% transparent, but it will have a very hi specular color setting, something like H:0 S:0 V:2 and the eccentricity will be quite low in the sharpness value, basically creating a very hi gloss/wetness. Hope this helps

Falott: Forget it, no probs, on with the job in hand now...

Jay:bandit: