View Single Post
# 6 03-03-2006 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by utpal
maybe that's just the way the trax may be.

One of my friends qualified it as "a useless piece of garbage that provides nothing you can't get somewhere else in maya better anyway." While I'm not sure I totally agree (recent upgrades are supposed to be fantastic), it's certainly an noteworthy perspective.

the maya help files are so crappy at times that i could only find a few line's explanation on this.

Yeah. The subject is not well covered in the supplied books either.

there it says the clip will show up in the unused poses section of the visor, but actually it shows up in the character poses section of the visor.

That's odd. My clips do show up in the unused poses section, until I put them in the trax, whereupon they move (surprise?).

What version of Maya are you working on? 6 had serious trax issues that were supposed to be resolved in 7. I'm working on the latter, and while I'm having problems, it's nothing compared to what happened when I tried working with the trax in 6.

if you are learning it for a class, then all the best.

Unfortunately...no. My teacher knows less about maya than I do, and that certainly puts a damper on things. She has gone so far as to offer me advice that was simply wrong. It's been a very frustrating class.

thanks for trying to help out though... :-)

Wish I could do more.

Good luck.