View Single Post
# 173 14-03-2006 , 11:15 PM

but the white community fears them as they beg for 'got a couple of bob mate?'. people cross the streets, it is common, any ozzy will back up what I'm saying. Australia is a very racist, class consious place.

In my university I have heard Japanese, Burmese, Shi Lankan, Nigerian, Papua, Korean and almost every other race badmouth the indiginous beggars. Some of these people hav e only been in OZ less than a year and the actions of a few have made them racist against the aboriginal community. Most people think racism is discriminating against someone for their colour, but from my perspective it is truly the way a particular race behaves that sets peoples viewpoints. I judge by behaviour of individuals but painting all with the same brush then becomes easier. I went to school with an aboriginal girl and a few years ago I saw her brother and his mate and gave them a lift, later that night he stole my car. I have given lifts to many races too, this is the only time I got repayed for my generousity in a bad way.
Maybe before blaming the government for how individuals act, maybe the indiginous community might set their own standards a bit higher.
Redfern started because a guy fell off his pushbike and speared himself on a fence. The indiginous community blamed the police for chasing him, that is actually their job, his job as a good citizen is supposed to follow socierys laws and values.