Thread: Posting AVI's
View Single Post
# 9 03-07-2006 , 12:01 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for your replies, Pursuiter and Skywola!

Pursuiter,

I am familiar with FCHECK. It's one of the playblast options! As for the video codec/virtualdub, I appreciate your hepping me to its location! I will certainly download it and try your method, it certainly seems simple enough!

As for "first renders", I generally prefer Tiff, but again this time I wish to post it online! If TGA's are better than JPEGs and are of comparable size, I will try rendering to TGA's as well. I'm also going to try a mass changeover to JPEGS.

Skywola,

I myself prefer high-end rendering, but in this case I would simply like to share (get comments, &c), and I simply can't post a 212 MB file! I know there are ways to keep quality while reducing file size, and I'm inquiring as to those methods!

Gster,

I use After Effects 6.0 to composite. Unfortunately, my knowledge of AE is minimal. I can (and have) created compositions many times, but usually as RAM Previews (which play back on Windows Media Player but are HUGE). I have not yet been able to render a composition with sound (other than the RAM Previews). Of course I will continue to play around with AE in hopes I will discover its "inner secrets".

Thanks again everybody for your comments!

"Ad astra per aspera..."