Thread: JOINT HELP!!!
View Single Post
# 17 12-07-2006 , 01:33 AM
After you click the creature you need to animate, for example, the quadraped, it will create the skeleton for you; after that all you need to do is skin the character, you will most likely need to use the controls to scale the character bones, and you may need to manipulate them manually to fit the skeleton. After everything is ready, if it is a biped, or quadraped, you need to hit the "stabilization" button.

Then hit play. After you hit play, it will walk automatically. You can change the gait by hitting buttons that control it.

If you just want to see what it does before you skin the character, just hit the control to create the skeleton and then hit the play button.

Most of the controls on the window that appears are quite intuitive. If you are doing a biped, there is a button that you need to hit that will allow you to open the hand all at once or control the individual fingers in the hand.

You may need to expirement a little to get the results that you want, but the big advantage with this program is that if the skinning does not work quite right, all you have to do is hit the rewind button, and the character will be re-posed, unskin the character, change what needs to be changed and then re-skin it again . . . . you can't do that so easily with the standard animation methods.

As far as the tutorial goes, it is something that I work on based on the questions I am asked, so it gradually grows bigger, and it is all in the installation file. I will be adding this question and answer to the file. I also added your earlier questions to it, and they will be released with the final version that I will be releasing once the owners of this website update the download section.

To see it "walk", you need to set the forward speed to something other than zero!

Let me know if you have further questions . . . user added image

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 12-07-2006 at 02:29 AM.