View Single Post
# 1 24-08-2006 , 11:08 PM

I may have got the wrong idea!

Forgive me for being so incredibly noobish here..

I have made a number of models, as this is the area I enjoy most. I have even managed, thanks to some advice, to light them quite nicely.

Now however I am off to add some textures. I have a model of a coke can, and I want to apply a texture map to it. I have a very nice texture tutorial, but I have fallen at the first hurdle!

I have made the can using Revolve (and the CV Curve Tool). Now I have gone into the UV Texture Editor as instructed and selected my Can. But I see no meshes.

So, I presume I need to view the UV points, so I go to Surface UV and I get the error: Warning- Edit UV Mode Not Enabled. UV's will not be selectable. So I presume I need to enable this mode in order to see my mesh and untangle it, but I can not find it anywhere!!

Now I accept that I may in fact have gone very wrong with my models, and used something that will not even let me add a texture, and I may need to start again, but then this is part of learning!

Any advice anyone can give on how to get this Revolve model showing in my texture editor?

Thank you very much (and I'm glad I started the textures on a can and not the rest of the office I have built!)