View Single Post
# 80 30-09-2006 , 10:28 AM
The Maya Mountain
A guy who had always not been very happy with his own lack of sense of humor and wit had a friend who was just the opposite... always had something funny to say and was considered the life of any party!

One day the unfunny guy asked his funny friend, "How did you get to be so funny?"

The funny friend said, "I go to a joke class. You should come with me and check it out."

So, they both go to the joke class. At the class, everyone who was attending sat in a big circle. A woman stood up and said, "25... 8... and then 14!"

The circle of people burst out laughing, some doubling over in tears they were laughing so much!

The unfunny guy whispered to his friend, "I don't understand. What are they laughing at?"

The funny friend answered between giggles, "Oh, well, here at the class there are only so many set ups, callbacks, and punchlines when it comes to jokes... Setup number 3 is 'a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar...' for example. So, everyone here knows them all and knows what she means by the numbers."

The unfunny guy figures that this would be easy, so he decides to take a turn and stands up.

"4... 12... 20!"

Crickets... no one laughs. Sad, he sits down and whispers to his friend, "What happend?"

"Well... you didn't tell it right."

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt