View Single Post
# 26 06-11-2006 , 11:23 AM
Hey Mirek,

Bit off the topic but as for capturing woth Avid, I had that problem, it might be that your deck is/was not proporly configured, if thats the cast just set it up manualy with a generic device (PAL in my case but you might be on NTSC being in Oz)

Or the other thing that I found is that Avid seems to default on the first capture (as it saves the settings after) to the video channel only, it must think that the audio is coming in via a different route, to change this in the capture menu its the top next to the highlighted V1 channel, switch on ahte audio channels 1 and 2 (for left and right) and that should do it, as I cant see why there would be a problem with having Avid and Premier on the same system (as it is at my uni).

Are you capturing via a firewire connection? If its usb then this might be why, but having never captured via usb i dont know.

Sometimes when a company goes from PC to mac it might be who is the decision maker, I have a friend who works in CAD architecture and one company he worked for switched from PC to mac due to the fact that the guy holding the purse strings came from a graphics design standpoint and had used Macs all the time and felt them to be better suited to the job, also they got a good deal, but this caused problems with the avaialbility of software for what the company was using it for at the time, (there was less options). But thats just one case in probably many.

As you say, and I agree, its not the software/hardware that makes it its how you use it, as all in all they do the same things, all be it in a slightly different way.

Cheers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle