Thread: Joan of Arc
View Single Post
# 9 14-01-2007 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
Marlon, thanx man.

Yeah, gotta play with the whole shininess thing at some stage. Both the armour and the sword are identical materials except for the texture at the moment - just trying to get a feel for the model in colour, you know.

Same with the sword texture, It was done as something of an exercise in learning the ropes of uv mapping. and the considerations worth keeping in mind whilst modelling. Hadn't even occured to me that it would be shinnier than it is, thanx for that.

Well, in case you didn't guess by now, I've just been using default lighting and no/very low edge antialiasing up to this point - basically, just a Preview quality Software Render. I really am a cheap-ass. user added image
Hence the lack of shadows, general darkness of the model, and the lack of any control over where the specular highlights fall.

Have added a little more of a natural colour to her skin and dropped the (incomplete) gloves roughly into place.

Anyway, here's those pics you asked for Marlon, bit more work on the hair and a blueish tint to the armour.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by enhzflep; 14-01-2007 at 02:18 PM.