Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 74 12-02-2007 , 07:49 AM
farbtopf > 'god, I just downloaded windows media player9 for mac from the microsoft homepage, aaaaaaaand it turned out to be something completely different in the end. Instead of media player I got "ms office test run." Despite the file being labled as windowsMediaPlayer9. I think that says a lot about MS frame of mind...'

Yep, Microsoft is pretty wacko user added image

And Media Player is pretty bad. Back in the olden days when all I knew about a computer was how to use it, I had all my MP3s' metadata replaced with endless piles to crap that Media Player got off the net. Apparently, Media Player downloads info from all different kinds of websites to 'fill' in 'missing' data in your MP3s, completely screwing them up (I use file dates for archiving, MS destroyed all that in one internet session).

Whoever designed that feature should be taken off his fancy pay and be given a boring job somewhere far far away from civilisation. The number one essential rule of software design is never under any circustances, I don't care wether its doomsday or snowing outside, should any program modify the user's files without their explicit permission (and always include a confirm box).

Man, this is thread has turned from 'PC vs Mac' to 'Microsoft Horror Stories' :eeek2: