Thread: Tell Tale Heart
View Single Post
# 31 24-02-2007 , 07:03 PM
i think that with a run-down place like this, you might not even want to consider outside electric lights... giving a slight blue tinge and also reducing the intensity (by like 50-60%) would let you know that there's moonlight out there, but not enough to illuminate the room on its own. i'd also give a yellowish tint to the lights in the room, because tungsten lights give off a natural yellow glow (whereas the sun gives off a bluish one). only reason i care is when filming in 16mm or 35mm negative or reversal film you have to use filters over the lens to account for the lighting - kinda like current day white balance - and if your overhead light is already white, the remaining lights would give off a different hue based on said filter. plus, since it's a pretty shoddy place, i think i'd make it more dimly lit. make the lamp seem like a 25W bulb. the overhead is fine, but you're trying to set a mood here. people might complain about not being able to see the animation placed within as well, but you're setting a mood. the lighting should complement the dankness of the room, in my opinion.

Accept no substitutions.