View Single Post
# 5 19-06-2007 , 06:59 PM
Hi there deadjackal,
If you're new to Maya, doing a car seems like quite a project to take on. You should learn quite a bit by the time you're done with it. I havn't modeled a car yet but I'll help anyway I can. I'm assuming you're a newbie to Maya so I'll start you off with rendering.

Print screens are not the best way to display you models because of the lack of quality. To start off with you could goto your render globals (pic1) and select software render (pic2). Next, set the quality to production under the Software Tab (pic3)Set the size (pic4) to 520x390 under the Common Tab (or can use preset 640x480). Then close the render globals and render (pic5) After it renders, just goto File, save as and save it as a .png file. Once you get closer to your model being finished you'll want to learn how to improve your renders but this should be good for you to start with.

I recommend downloading Kurt's dog tutorial or franky tutorial from the free section (video training). Toward the end he goes over basic lighting and rendering your scene.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 19-06-2007 at 07:08 PM.