View Single Post
# 14 07-07-2007 , 11:23 PM
Senior Software Developer
Mudbox is limited compared to ZBrush, but it is so much better for plain old sculpting. Its fast, efficient and controls in the same way as Maya using the same keys, so you can pick it up and play straight away. Brilliant!! I say.

I must apologise for the lack of update, but with the Interview and me making a major desicion from that interview (which didn't work out btw tick) I am a bit snowed under. Hey Tick that means we are both part of the same club :p (Rockstar Rejects) lol

I will be back on track next week and will get the face mask sorted.

So you all know I have decided to go ahead and create a Mini MOD for Half Life 2. Yes its huge, so I have started with the basics and will create a couple of maps for Counter Strike first and then move on to some simple Single Player Maps and then onto a mini level. So I have spent a lot of time in Hammer and back in XSI getting used to exporting from XSI to the Source SDK

Once that’s all done then I can start on the MOD. I had a working title for it called Portal, but now Valve a releasing a puzzle game called Portal, I have to think of a new one. The basic plot is written down and I am working on a storyline atm and have started creating a list of assets to add to both the CS:S and HL2 Maps. All the joys...

You're nuts I here you cry, but to be honest yes I am, but its the only way I have left to get my foot into the games industry. I am unable to get into Uni as I am not able to claim grants as I am living with my partner and not married so therefore I get nothing. All equal my arse, even with a part time job I would not be able to attend. My "foot in the door" (QA Tester), didn't pan out, but hey one more of life little knock backs. So this is the last avenue at 34 I wish I knew about jobs like this, but your career councilor doesn't tell you, you can be paid for making and playing games!!! :headbang:

Anyway. Much love to you all and thx for the support. Peace Out...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)