View Single Post
# 145 26-08-2007 , 06:03 PM
Cheers for the imput Pbman, like I said my texturing's not the best, especially with organics, I feel ive got a decent grasp of on organics texturing but like I say organics ar so daunting to me.

I tried to give him a look of a dino on one colour pass I did (not used) but it ended up making him look more like a reptile/swamp thing that marine, hence why I went with this look. I would like to add big spots to him but i found it pretty tough going and i'm running out of time, ive got to get it pretty much wrapped up tomorrow as ill be back at work.

Ive changed the colour a bit on the epidermal map to more yellow to give, well I think, more intersting tones and a bit more "depth", the pic's attached.

It is a hard thing to do to be honest as ILM nailed the look for POTC 2-3 and as ive found, depending on the look your after its a bit of a limited colour pallete

edit - Sorry Jr who, I waqs typing this up when you posted.

I made that as a test for the SSS shader, I ended up changing it as a went along, one of the things that you see it all the time, make changes andthen forget about what youve done!, I ll knock it back and see what it look like with those settings!!!

Like I said I forgot about it as I changed it as I was liking the slimeyness!!

Attached Thumbnails

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by gster123; 26-08-2007 at 06:05 PM.