View Single Post
# 12 02-09-2007 , 06:24 PM

Originally posted by tweetytunes
In my first year we started a lighting and texture modual and the guy came in and no word of a lie, the first words out his mouth was "Don`t ask me about uv mapping - I don`t have a clue". thats right here was here to teach TEXTURING - oh and he had no photoshop skills aswell

His only movie/animation history was working for jim henson stuides london on "brotherhood of the wolf" as a puppet handler.

The second year we were having composting lessons and the shake liecne ran out after 3 weeks. That then took 5 weeks to sort out. That gave us 1 week of further lessons leavening us with no skills what so ever with a project on composting due in 3 weeks later. When we complained about it we were told it was a animation cause not a software learning cause - we should have learnt a different piece of software.

I think its a Britsh thing. I know a few people who have been to other uni`s and have told me the same story. Uni/collages in the states get people from the industry the best we got was some old 2d animators (which has its good points but only a few).

I just worked with a girl who went to uni in Germany and she was taught a lot and just look what is coming out of Vancover. I have heard some good things about Bourmouth but nothing but horrors stories from tee-side (think thats how its spelt)

Swansea Int has got a good name for itself but I think its because the students who go there do learn a lot for them selfs and don`t let the teachers get them down

ps I love the fact you posted images of them I think thats well funny :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

the exact same thing happend at the university i attended too and when we complained they did nothing about it,
anyway i had to post the pics, from the looks of it they've been getting away with not teaching students properly for years now,
get this you see the chubby faced cow on the end she even bought in her kid one day to one of our lectures because she said she couldn't find a babysiter, the lecture was sopposed to be two and and a half hours long she made us leave 2 hours early, what the hell does she think this is some kind of nursery,
i think your right about it being a brithish thing beacuse durring my final year with had some chinese exchange students and their
3d work was insanly good i mean they put the lecturer to shame with the skills.