View Single Post
# 2 25-09-2007 , 09:29 PM
Thats nice peSK user added image

I was playing about with papervision3D a few months ago. I created a planet and a moon which orbited about it in 3D.
Its actually a nice system to use but the limitations of frame rate with slightly complex objects can really slow things down. Depending on if Adobe push their own version of a 3D engine in flash may determine how well papervision progresses. User submitted libraries would be nice to add into it and help automate things.

Did you code the object movement or are they pre-animated and then imported in?
If you make any more with 3D content then post them up

ps, people might not realise that its a real time 3D engine so just thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: I've heard people wanting some kind of .mb maya file viewer. If you could set a system up whereby they export the file and upload it to a webpage and then the movie auto updates and shows the model (with navigation) then that might be nice. Especially as it would negate taking multiple screenshots of work in progress in forums such as this - you simply upload it and it updates the movie so people can spin it around and offer better criticism on all the parts of the model.

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net

Last edited by t1ck135; 25-09-2007 at 09:34 PM.