View Single Post
Old 31-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #11

younglion; many thanks.., the next will be better trust me.., it is important to BLOCK first.., as kurt says in all his tuts.., he says that for a reason i discovered today.., and it takes more than 'it is important to block things out first, i cant stress that enough' to understand it thanks again if i continued, serious topology problems and not a nice look.

twisteddragon33; hey yea, cartoon is fun.., what will be good is it will have a realistic render.., that will be interesting. how this one was designed was.., take a photo of a police car, fire engine, whatever.., take it into PS., mask, copy, paste, clone.., all the usual Matt tools and c exaggerate the proportions in PS.., take it into maya.., and BLOCK it out ( ) and think ahead.., how will i do this.., i out smated myself in this one.

thanks mate

Mayaniac; i dont speed (pun intended), yea the lines look good eh?? i agree but there is too much curvature in Z to extrude without problems in this situation. I found that as i was bailing out the water. and using the split poly tool.., err, disaster!!
no one is giving up mate, this is not a competition this is me trying to learn and do the best i can. it would take longer to do what you suggest than start again.., after all it is only extruding a cube. no problem

no need to be sorry to start again.., im happy to learn and do it properly.

many thanks.
take it easy and life will be easy
mirek03 is offline   Reply With Quote