Thread: Humber Scout
View Single Post
# 1 10-02-2008 , 05:27 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Humber Scout

HUMBER SCOUT

This is going to be my next modeling project.

It's an Old British Armored car.

Heres a PHOTO of it, so you can see what I'm going for:

user added image

I'm going to start modeling it later on tonight. I will post my progress as I model it.

Info On The Humber Scout:

The Humber Mark I through Mark IV were officially designated as Light Armored Scout Cars, though the crews often referred to the later models as "heavies" in comparison to the earlier versions. The initial production Humber (MK I) rode on solid axles supported by semi-elliptic springs. Its armament consisted of one 15 mm BESA machinegun and one 7.92 mm BESA machinegun. It had a crew of three and weighed almost 7 tons. The engine was a Rootes 6 cylinder gasoline engine that developed 90 horsepower at 3,200 rpm. The Humber had a range of 250 miles and a top speed of 45 miles per hour.

The Humber Mk 2 had better armor for the driver and radiator. The Mk 3 was manned by four men instead of three and had a bigger turret. The Humber Mk 4 featured a 37 mm gun and also carried a crew of four. Over 3,600 vehicles of all models were built by the end of World War II. Variants of the Humber included a radio vehicle packed with equipment to retransmit signals from forward armored cars to headquarters in the rear. The Humber continued to see service for many years after the war.

I'm hoping to model everything in Hight detail, Though not so high I kill my computer user added image

Feel free to post your input on the project. Though theres nothing to go on right now. When I start modeling C&C will be most welcome.

Thanks!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"