View Single Post
# 10 20-02-2008 , 11:06 PM
Senior Software Developer
Hi & welcome

As Jay suggested books are a gr8 way to learn, but it will be down to your own ways and how you prefer learn. I too have the Learning Maya books (modelling, animation and special effects) for Maya 7 and are still a gr8 reference even tho Maya is at version 2008 (9).

I do like the SM tutorials and have bought quite a few and the make gr8 reference materials, also have a look at the Digital Tutors Website. They offer free tutorials and there DVD/CDs are fantastic, but are quite expensive. Last place to visit it the gnomonology web site, they offer online courses and also tutorials to download. Gnomon are probably the school for this type of work and every student who has attended has gotten work via them. SO make your way to Los Angles.

Dont worry about your age. Istated out with 3D using XSI and I was 33. I am now 35 and still have not got a clue lol. Be prepared, once you start learning you will never stop, the learning curve goes uphill and doesnt stop.

Just enjoy it and if your 100% determined you will succeed in what you do.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)