View Single Post
# 28 01-08-2008 , 02:09 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Wow, there are some great ideas, and I totally agree.

I like the idea of breaking the tutorials down into the separate sections.. Concept, Modeling, Animation, etc... Then the user would learn allot more, as each part would be more specific to it's subject, and would be tutored by someone who was talented in that area, as apposed of having someone, cram all that info into one Tut, and perhaps the tutor isn't so good in one subject than another, thus the project flops at that point.
Also then each section could be sold separately, so the user could DL the section they most wanted, and it would also be offered as a bundle (discounted price.. of course)

Plus it might me nice to offer a mini course.. Where the user would simply pay a fee... log in, and download a daily video, and follow the tutors instruction, and built up the model alongside the Tutor.. as he's building it. The user would get exclusive access to an area of the forums where they would post (along with the other users and the tutor) there work, they could ask questions, and have them answered at that point in the project they are at. This would make for allot more of an educational, intuitive, better, and more fun experience!

anyway, I think that might attract some more users... But would require allot from the tutors.

And for what it's worth.. I don't mind contributing some tutorials. I own Camtasia Studio 5, Maya, ZBrush, photoshop, plus some other software, and I wouldn't mind making a couple of video tutorials. Maybe Car modeling/ rendering, or Organic modeling, and I would be willing to do it for free!
I did receive an Email from Kevin asking if I would be interested, but then he vanished!

Looking forward to seeing more of the communities suggestions!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"