Thread: command limit?
View Single Post
# 1 06-10-2008 , 04:13 AM

command limit?

Hello everyone, although i do see booleans are apparently a very talked about subject here, searches have failed to dig up an answer to my specific issue >_>

I'm in the process of making an object with polygons (last instruction I had with Maya was back in highschool...), and I've used many boolean commands on it. However, I'm literally down to the last two booleans I need to complete the object, and they fail on me (aka. disappear).

I'm quite sure the polygons are faced correctly, as I've undone a few of the previous cuts, and used boolean on the last two I need with no problems (the cuts go in perfectly). I tend to save my projects every so often before proceeding with something major like finally cutting into the shape with my booleans, but the last backup save I made was a little late in the process, when I was down to my last 6 cuts.

What's interesting about it is, if I do each of the cuts independently (1 piece at a time), it fails on the second cut I attempt. However, if I "combine" 4 (tried 5 and 6, they fail) of them together, the cut goes in successfully, but attempting to add in another cut after that fails.

I need to point out that these last 6 cuts are not full cuts through the object, they only go in about a third of the way into the material.

I'm just wondering if there's a maximum limit of booleans/commands you can use per shape? Also if anyone can think of a solution, I'd be glad to hear it...