Thread: command limit?
View Single Post
# 5 06-10-2008 , 07:31 AM

Re: command limit?

Originally posted by Surnia

What's interesting about it is, if I do each of the cuts independently (1 piece at a time), it fails on the second cut I attempt. However, if I "combine" 4 (tried 5 and 6, they fail) of them together, the cut goes in successfully, but attempting to add in another cut after that fails.

I need to point out that these last 6 cuts are not full cuts through the object, they only go in about a third of the way into the material.

I'm just wondering if there's a maximum limit of booleans/commands you can use per shape? Also if anyone can think of a solution, I'd be glad to hear it...

Delete your history after every cut. I made a little script that's a "cookie cutter" for boolians for generating simple shapes from objects. For example I create a cube with no divisions then draw a curve that cuts the shape out, I can then run my script that cuts the object based on an axis, if I then want to do another cut on the resultant objects I need to delete the history to be able to do it. I need to write that in but I'm too lazy! But I think thats the problem.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle