View Single Post
# 12 27-10-2008 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber
I think I should work on one big detailed scene and a lot of screen shots. My problem is I am never satisfied with my work. I can make detailed models as you can see from the furnace room and the microphone. I just never have made a scene that has made me say wow! In school I would make a bunch of models but I was new to 3d so I didn't know how to make them detailed. With practice I learned how, but I spend so much time making it detailed I would skimp on the texturing. I know that will never get me in the industry. I am going to rededicate myself but i need a little guidance in which direction I should take. I have improved on lighting and modeling and texturing but I don't think I am spending enough time on populating my scenes and on my texturing. I think I will make one big scene or 5 small detailed pieces. My friend in school work on one scene for a portfolio class and made it really detailed. He worked the whole semester on it. I did 5 scenes that were okay but I think I should have done like him.