Thread: concept bmw
View Single Post
# 26 14-02-2009 , 02:18 AM
Nice concept. And very nice renders and settings. Can i ask how you have your render settings?

As far as crits go heres a few things you may be missing but i cant be sure, some you should add, some you could do without.

-Windshield Wipers, i didnt see any in the views but it might just be weird angles. They are actually pretty simple to make and i doubt would be hard at this stage. easily overlooked.

-Cyclops, The rear center light usually mounted in the back of the trunk near the top of it. or in the rear window. Standard on cars since the '90s. Can add lot of "character" to a vehicule.

-i didnt see any lock section on thedoor handles but there may be one.

-License Plate lights used to light the rear plate at night. Required for street legal cars.

-Backup/reversing lights.

-"B" beam. The beam usually located between the front and rear door on 4 door vehicules following the frame. What the rear door is mounted and pivots from. From the images i dont see how the rear doors are mounted to anything. I have never seen a car without one. I would consider this to be a major need... as it makes the car unstable and is needed for crash safety reasons. I understand its just a concept but for future reference.

-Without much color detail on the front lights its hard to tell but cars need a designated turn signal visible from the front and side of the car.

Now those are things i think the car should have as for standard car needs. Because its a concept theres technically no wrong design but i agree with the other person that mentioned the front bumper. I think a lower one with a little less detail might work pretty well. But its your choice. With the sporty look of this one you might want to try foglights as you seem to have place for them already.

The roof for being so long and kind of bland you might want to add the traditional "fin" entenna most BMWs have in the back. Maybe a sunroof.

BMWs have a traditional look to the grills as most other automakers. This is pretty standard on all of thier vehicules. I think yours is a little too Sharp edges. Doesnt have the gentle grill edges most BMWs have.

Personally i really liked the first headlights. The more agressive powerful ones. I would also think they fit the more agressive bumper and hood. And i think the Hood to Bumper transition is very nice design although i dont care for the rest of the bumper.

All of this is asthetic though so take what you want of course. I really do love the renders and cant wait to see more.