View Single Post
# 9 19-02-2009 , 11:49 AM

Originally posted by R@nSiD
OK...

I have worked in Windows Support for over 11 years and I would avoid all the applications that The Architect mentioned, you can't trust a piece of software that gets reported by another piece of software for the offence it is trying to protect you from... AVOID

I did a Google news search, and I found no reports of Spybot Search and Destroy being malicious. However, I did find lots reports of spyware masquerading as Spybot...

This article from InfoWorld has plenty of praise for Spybot and the Lavasoft app: https://www.infoworld.com/news/feeds/...r-Windows.html

Quote: "Everybody should be using spyware-detection tools such as Lavasoft Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy -- preferably both."

Btw, you do know that download.com is run by CNET and that they test all software before it is offered, right? Saying its some random software library is a bit of an underestimation, don't you think?

In the perfect world we would all be running OpenBSD or SuSE with AppArmor, Snort, netfilter, etc. with a hardware firewall...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!