View Single Post
# 157 25-03-2009 , 07:10 AM
Well, I didn't quite expect this reaction! I have to say I did model the car last week,I started on tuesday, stayed up all night and got to having the car half modeled by the following evening, mirrored the geometry over and converted to polys on thursday and followed a car paint tutorial on the friday, changing the colours for my own and altering the sizes of some of the parts. So I actually only did it in 4 days! I can see why some people think I may have modeled it before but to be honest I don't find it hard to pick things up, and Maya isn't that hard to learn if your brain likes to learn and you want to! The only other 3d apps I've tried is google sketchup for about 4 months and about 2 months of playing on zbrush but what can I say, I learn fast and put my time into what I love. I may have only had Maya for a few months but I've spent every waking hour I've had spare reading books on it and watching tutorials and this is the result of it! I guess it may make people even more skeptical if I let them know I didn't even finish school, have no qualifications, and the only jobs I've ever done have been as a Labourer... lol (I know that doesn't come into it,just thought it'd make things worse...)

Also the car is a little flawed,the trim around it is weird and blocky, and the windscreen isn't actually joined properly, but as it's only in the background I did some clever positioning...

Last edited by Dango77; 25-03-2009 at 07:41 AM.