View Single Post
# 1 29-04-2009 , 06:20 PM

Please help: Failed to load python initialization scripts

Hey Guys,

Long time reader first time poster. Love your work.

I'm experiencing an immediate failure message in the output window of Maya 2009, when I load a scene, which says :

"Failed to load python initialization scripts.: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure"

Which seems to repeat a few times more as well.

Then when I go to create a camera there is a fatal error and the application crashes. This is most disconcerting as I am using my buddy's system to learn Maya 2009 while he is on location. I am unable to contact him for at least two months but from what I can gather these are his system configurations:

running an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (Conroe), 4 gigs of - OCZP800R22 DDR2 , On an Asus P5K Platinum MoBo, Windows XP Pro Ver. 2002 / Service Pack 3, Two (2) - Western Digital 250 Gig internal drives with the first one partitioned as (C) drive for system, (D) drive for media/programs and the second drive (E) set for media/programs. Maya 2009 is installed on (E).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really psyched to use the native Stereoscopic functions I saw demonstrated at NAB this year

With a handshake in mind
user added image