View Single Post
# 5 26-05-2009 , 09:54 PM

Originally posted by The Architect
Its a nice app...

My first experience with 3D was with Bryce 4. It was very easy to get results. It was designed for terrain though, so it was limited with modelling and similar. At least booleans worked (I'm looking at you Maya), and if one tries, one can get some decent results with cubes, spheres, tori, pyramid and cones (the user's manual had examples of a tower and the Pharos? lighthouse, at least in V4).

Its probaly used for hobbies, there are plenty of renders made with Bryce on the Internet.

And as Jay said, its good for creating panoramas of skies (Quicktime VR I believe it output to) I really liked making skies... I made hundreds of them... :p

So much fun!

You can actually do do anything if you put the energy into it. Characters, Houses etc but you need to use the, the thingy I forgot the name on, and load up a 'texture' or something to 'follow' for the.. erh.. Thingy.. And there you go.

Argh, the thingy you know, you load up for the mountainrange the FORMS the thingy they follow, anyway you load up something else to follow, lets say, a Dog and if its correctly done you get a rendered dog, but this demands a bit off skill which I certainly never had in Bryce.