View Single Post
# 6 29-05-2009 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
just so you know, i haven't depicted it here but hundreds of ships can link up to each other giving that swam-like behaviour suggested in Mike's description

Seeing as how I have no clue how to actually make a space ship look like a spaceship with all those random plates, wires, and tubes and no one knows what it is that i've done I think I need to explain how this fits into the challenge theme...

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4727452_n.jpg

full picture:
https://chirone-of-chiron.deviantart....ship-124165554

The UNITY
A race of powerful telekinetic beings who can “plug in” to specially built spacecrafts as an extension of their body. If multiple being’s minds resonate then they become more powerful and efficient at whatever task they are to carry out.

The Centre Ship
The pilot of the Centre Ship links with fellow Wing Ships. The number of Wing Ships one can link with depends on how well the pilot can keep a link alive with fellow Wing Ship pilots.
This ship is capable of generating shields as without joint Wing Ships it is defenceless in any direction other than the front where three blades and (for lack of a better name) six beam rifles reside. The stronger the pilot’s telekinetic powers and the deeper their connection with the ship the stronger the offense and defence capabilities. Most pilots cannot concentrate on both a defensive shield and attack simultaneously.

The Wing Ship
The pilot of the Wing Ship needs only concentrate on operating the four sword-like armaments when united with a pilot of a Centre Ship.

UNITY CANNON
When united, the Centre Ship can utilize the true power of UNITY in the destructive form known as the UNITY CANNON. This weapon is a type of charged particle cannon where the power is made up of the resonance between the minds of the pilots. Whilst pilots can utilize this weapon unaided, they must unite with Wing Ship pilots to withstand the kickback and risk of death. Unity Ships are generally vulnerable from anywhere other than at front when using this weapon.

It has been known for a single pilot of a Centre Ship to link with up to twelve Wing Ships or other Centre Ships creating an even more powerful UNITY CANNON.

79,480 triangles,
40 materials,
38 textures,
45 lights (3 main lights, the rest are pretty dim and exist because of the lightning)
and hours of trying to figure out what the caption is...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 30-05-2009 at 02:44 AM.