View Single Post
# 7 31-05-2009 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
Good evening everyone! I am posting the final render to my Project 'Spaceship Challenge: Earthling Millennium Falcon'. I certainly thank Mike and Dave for the opportunity to do such a project.I believe that it is the first time for many, if not all, of us to model a spaceship, I know I hadn't done one before. I have said way too often how fun this was, so won't say it this time. "IT WAS FUN!" Sorry! :-)

The sharing of our projects was another highlight and seeing such a variety of ideas and approaches to their projects. And the quality in this has been really exceptional! I will shut up now, and post my render and truly hope that everyone likes it. And as Chirone had requested, nobody has checked this but me, so some colors may be off, and I apologize if the are.

As I have mentioned in my thread, that one evening, while out for a smoke, 2 weeks into this project I had a thought that made me laugh. It was to have the Falcon on a key chain. When the first Star wars came out there were a lot of people that had it just like this. Maybe that is why the idea came to me. I could not get it out of my mind.

Nothing was done in Post, so there were no render layers. All was composed in the renderer itself, and what you see was what rendered. I try very hard to compose in the renderer as much as I can, rather than composite in post.

Shader Maps - 4096X4096: 32
Shader Maps - 2048X2048: 12
Shader total: 49
Poly count unsmoothed: 717,636 faces
Primitives when rendered: 13,748,294 (it is only smoothed when rendered, and this is the way the renderer calculates it.)
Memeroy Used for render: 4,024.4M
Total Render Time: 1hr 49m 55.8s

And if anyone should care to see a less compressed version, I have posted up one at my Photobucket:

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...obucketPNG.png

Attached Thumbnails

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).