View Single Post
# 1 20-06-2009 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber

Chirone - Super Villain Challenge - White Winged Illusionist

There are entities born that represent a large abstraction of human thought. They are nameless but not without title. Their titles represent a dominant attitude or thought of the abstractions they represent. These entities are human shaped and born with feathered wings. The colour and shape of the wings are influence the same way their title is. These wings are visible only when the entity wishes to use their power or want others to see.

If one is to force their beliefs onto other their wings become deformed and no longer feathered. In some cases they may change to the wings of an insect or a mammal, other cases the feathers dry up and become leaf-like.

The White Winged Illusionist (Illusionist) was born with white feathered wings. Through his existence many people who have seen his wings have foolishly mistaken him for an "angel". The Illusionist would give into such misconception and enjoyed the praise. At some point an event from way back in the past revealed itself to him. This event undermined a lot of beliefs that people held and threatened the enjoyment that the Illusionist so loved.

Many people believe light brings positive things such as hope and warmth. What people don't realise is that what we see is light reflected off objects. Light can be distorted showing something that does not exist or is not true (think of refraction). Light brings with it what something we call illusions.

To cover up the undermining event in an attempt to preserve people's ignorance, the Illusionist use the power of light to create illusions covering up the truth and anything that could lead to it. Having white wings he has the ability to access every colour making his illusions convincing to anyone.

The greatest illusion of all is propaganda. By mixing people around and having them conflict it is possible to have the truth exist, except no one will know what it is when all the lies make sense or when people are too stubborn to see how fallacious what they believe is.

What is the White Winged Illusionist covering up?

by beliefs i mean beliefs. I'm not limited to religous views, it extends through that and everything else. Even the things you would never think to call a belief (or so it seems judging from peoples reactions i get when i say certain things).

and yeah i know what he's covering up, and i was going to write it, because it seemed to fit in so easy at some point in that background story. user added image
but i'm not sure if i should keep it a secret, so it'll remain known to me and the other person i've told.

no pictures yet, i've been meaning to make this guy and the 8 other winged entities since about last year sometime... and hopefully this competition will get me to complete at least one of them...

also, if i have time i might get both costumes done for him...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D