View Single Post
# 17 24-08-2009 , 09:16 PM
19 year Veteran
@ Mike: Cameron always writes good stories so AVATAR wont disappoint.

Cameron has been spouting off how this is the most earth-shattering, blowing-the-proverbial-3D-doors, life changing technological wonder ever to be committed to film.

@NitroLiq: I haven't personally heard Cameron say that, I believe thats coming from all the media that has been reporting on the technology since it went into production, but I could be wrong. All I know is that Cameron and WETA have been pretty quiet about it until just recently.

With due respect, pulling the 3D vs 2D card is off the mark. It's like comparing stereo sound to 5:1 surround or heck even mono to stereo, even. Of course it's going to look better in 3D.

All the criticism is coming from the WIP 2D teaser. AVATAR wasn't designed to be a 2D feature. There are things in the teaser that don't play off very well because of the 2D limitation. All of the work flow is done specifically for 3D. It will still play in 2D but it's not going to look nearly as good.

All of the people that I have talked to that have seen the 15 min in 3D had basically no problem with the blue Na'vi aliens. From what I have heard the 3D really sells their design, and performances make you forget that they are CG. All the negative stuff that you hear is really just nit picking, but people are entitled to their opinions and there's nothing wrong with that.