Thread: Smiler
View Single Post
# 38 05-09-2009 , 04:28 PM
The Nurb Herd
hahaha, well i'm sorry i offended you.

i just meant it as a "here is a reference, you could look at" It is a picture of a Licker from resident evil. I figured it might help. you should really start working from references, everything you seem to model comes from your head. thats not a bad thing, but I would suggest you use references of similar things or whatever.

btw, if someone has done something similar before its not such a bad thing. it should just give you more references to look at.

posting an image without actually writing why seems very much like "look, someone did it first, this is how it should look"

I think you are being very negative here. "look, someone did it first, this is how it should look" wouldn't be my first thought.

if you want to comment more on your model then my opinion is that the head and the body are dissimilar to one another.
The head is very cartoony looking and the body is heading for a more "realistic" look. The head doesn't seem very scary or creepy if that was the intended look, i think its perhaps due to the teeth or the grin/smile that it has. The expression is more of a happy panting dog. I'm not really a fan of the horns (both sets) either, they seem like an after thought.

The body looks cool, I like the chest and topology. it may look good with a larger lower part, I think that was mentioned before tho.

Last edited by honestdom; 05-09-2009 at 07:58 PM.