Thread: Harp
View Single Post
# 25 15-10-2009 , 09:03 AM
Subscriber
In the first one i didn't know the violin was there until now..

the second one does seem really dark, and the harp kind of blends in with the curtain
i think that's what you use a back light for, to brighten the edges of the harp a bit, it's totally unrealistic i think, but it's what i see people do.. or at least read what people do... i never notice a backlight unless someone tells me so far....

Originally posted by stwert
I also found that saving as different file types produced quite different results as well, which I thought was weird and frustrating. What difference does it make when you change the file type in the render globals, when you have to go file, save as... in the render view? Is that only for animation and stuff?

are you talking about saving things out as gif, png, jpg, etc?
if you are then the 'different results' is expected because they are all encoded differently and encode different things
or are you talking about something else?

when you select what sort of image you want in the global render settings that affects the render preview and what comes out in a batch render.
the images that appear in your images/tmp folder (assuming you used default project directories) will appear in the format chosen in the global render settings

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D