View Single Post
# 258 13-01-2010 , 02:19 PM
Lifetime Member
Very interesting thread!

I don't consider myself an artist by any stretch of the imagination. I can't draw very well either! I really truggle with a pencil or pen in my hand. I was raised to be practical, but alsways ended up playing as a kid with an over-active imagination! As I grew older, I lost some of that imaginative thinking process and well, I think that coupled with lack of art tuition etc resulted in a bit of an -un-artsy me!

I often look at art by others and find it fascinating the way people think! I would love to be able to pick up a pencil and just draw, but I do not have the skill or ability to put down on paper what's in my head. I can quite easily see images in my head, but I simply cannot translate it through my hands and onto paper.

I can, at a push, draw something if I look at it, but looking at Kurt and others draw is quite special.

I've recently attended a day long life drawing session, where we started with line and worked our way onto shading. It was a huge amount of fun and by the end of the day it felt like my brain was alien to me! The feeling of drawing for a while is quite uplifting and left me with a floating sensation. I went in not being able to draw and produced, by my standards, something not too bad for a fiirst go. Yes, there are some weird foreshortening bugger-ups, but with some time these could have been fixed...(Images attached, apologies for the artistic nudity, it was life drawing!!!)

I would encourage everyone to go for a least one life drawing session. It really is great!

Some people are lucky enough to be gifted with true artistic ability. Others try and learn the hard way.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Jacques

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2