View Single Post
# 1 24-07-2010 , 02:17 AM
Lifetime Member

Will death be cheated??

Ok we have all the science fiction novels movies etc etc. Bad arse aliens..weird scientists and all that BUT is some if it actually possible??

Lets take immortality for instance...is it possible..I think it is in the near future. We all have the inbuilt notion of living forever (why I would want to pay taxes for eternity is beyond me)...you know drink a potion and vwala..instant immortal.

Now of course you can still die!!! a freight training running over you whilst completely drunk will still do the job Im afraid. BUT what if we take some tips from 'Brainstorm' and 'Avatar'??? Your life and everything around you is basically a memory right??? IF we could record those, upload at will, have a cloned avatar (no memories) sitting in the vat (yes beer dave) waiting for our actual demise? Then just upload our life to the new body and carry on.

Does this sound feasible. My mate pointed out not long ago they are workin on a 'Total Recall' gadget apparently...so you can have holidays on Mars etc etc..whether this is BS or not..I dont know. But it got me thinking about immortality...maybe thats just all we are...big USB sticks...and we only have to download out learned data to another one.

Would there be morality issues for the avatars?? Im an Atheist BUT some who believe in God might ask "do they have souls?" and or is your soul given to the avatar when you upload??

Interesting

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes