View Single Post
# 1 10-09-2010 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber

Suggestions needed for portfolio - monday deadline

People, I have a problem.

I have been looking to get into jobhunting mode of late, and this began in earnest last week when I applied for the position of cgi artists assistant at a place near me in essex. After some rush rewrite on my cv, about 2 hours editing my cover letter, and rearranging my portfolio, I sent off the application.

I was thrilled, relieved, happy, and excited, when on wednesday I got a phone call from the recruitment company saying that they really liked my stuff, and were forwarding my application to the company. He asked if I had any other work I could take to an interview, and though I said the best of what I had was in my portfolio, I had a couple of other bits and some pencil portraits. He said there main goal was someone with artistic flair and he thought I fitted the bill.

So far, fingers crossed. Today, however, I got a call from the guy saying the company was keen to see more, but something along the lines of a car/vehicle, or some more technical sculpture. If I could put together something great over the weekend?

The line from the company was that my profile was more that of a 'keen hobbyist rather than a desired cgi artist' . I completely understand this, but I have two days now to try and produce some work that can make them think otherwise. Does anyone have any suggestions? Technical sculpture? Im thinking mobile phone, boat, helicopter? Something photoreal? Should I make 1 big thing or try and do two or three smaller projects? Im working all weekend so considering just not sleeping to do this work. What would an employer want to see?

Ben