View Single Post
# 9 11-09-2010 , 04:50 AM
Lifetime Member
Well I do envy you mate!!! you have a chance to do what you want to do in life....like a lot of people on here. Me...I have the artist within..but I chose construction when I was young...had to...bills needed to be paid.

I have never had the oppurtunity to go to school/college/work in this industry...and never will. I have just finished 5 hours of walking through swampy paddock to map a terrain...nearly snapped my ankle 10 times etc etc. So yeh mate I do envy you...

A little advice from an old warhorse mate....always do a little research on the company, its goals and direction and of course its business nature (ie what it does). You dont have to do a Sherlock Holmes but a little knowledge will go well in an interview.

Personally Im not one for Diploma's/certificates etc...no disrespect to the people who work hard to earn them..to me they mean nothing. Its whats between your ears (yes you Ben) and what YOU can do that is important to me as an employer. Trust me when I say I have interviewed hunreds of people mate...and its not neccessarily the Dux of the school that wins. Its the person with confidence, knowledge of the tasks and above all...enthusiam.

As the other guys pointed out...its an ASSISTANT to an artist...so this is in effect an apprentice situation. Give the employer what you have...they will judge whether or not you are suitable. BE HONEST and go with the flow.

As you said..3 directions..accepted = good, learning time. Rejected = feedback and more study. Reserved = feedback, more study and choices for you. In all NONE of them should be negative Ben...take any 3 by the horns and ride like a demon with a hard on. Life gives you oppurtunities...dont knock them back because you are afraid. I did and now Im just a Surveyor...my time is gone..yours isnt.

Now I have vented....good luck mate...Ant

LOL stwert good advice...are we psychically connected lately??? every time Im typing so are you LOL user added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 11-09-2010 at 04:52 AM.